What We Found in the Sofa and How it Saved the World Quiz Questions
1. Why did River, Freak, and Fiona go to her house after finding the crayon?
a. To sharpen it in her Swiss-made sharpener
b. To see about selling the crayon on an Internet auction site
c. To compare its color to zucchinis in her Dad’s garden
d. To freeze the crayon, as the unusually hot weather had softened it
2. In a dream, what was one thing River learned about the sofa?
a. It could teleport itself up to two miles away.
b. Underhill had stuffed his fortune in its cushions.
c. It had belonged to his great-grandparents.
d. Chemical formulas were woven into its upholstery.
3. What did Alf do when he saw what appeared to be dogs near Fiona’s house?
a. He mixed up a batch of his tasty, but deadly, puppy chow.
b. He launched a mock test of the emergency broadcasting system.
c. He summoned Chesire’s dogcatcher, whose ruthlessness was legendary.
d. He used a subsonic dog whistle to call them away from Fiona’s brother.
4. Why did Alf want River, Freak, and Fiona to act as servants at the auction?
a. He needed their extra eyes and hands to control the rebellious Guernica.
b. Only they could crawl through the air ducts and spy on guests.
c. After renovating Underhill House, he could not afford to pay real servants.
d. Having children around would make Edward Disin be a little less on guard.
5. What did River, Freak, Fiona do when they were trapped in a meeting room?
a. They stepped out onto a broad window ledge.
b. They pretended to be empty hazmat suits.
c. They set off a smoke bomb under the conference table.
d. They slipped through a trapdoor in the room’s broom closet.
6. What message made the bulldog’s cigar fall from his lips?
a. “Hellsboro has a place for you!”
b. “Indorsia has windows!”
c. “Miranda still lives!”
d. “Doghats are defecting!”
7. To no longer be enslaved by Disin’s mind control, people just had to…
a. Study video footage of flash mobs
b. Cat-nap in Alf’s modified revivarium
c. Take daily doses of Hista Mime for a week
d. Go without their phones for three days
8. Fiona knew who Edward Disin was after she…
a. Splashed makeup remover on Sheik Geisel’s face
b. pried a Treasury agent’s gum off her shoe
c. answered Hologrammy’s vintage rotary phone
d. nibbled on Alf’s anti-Agra Nation bar
9. When he was dead, River believed his parents told him about…
a. A tin box of old childhood toys
b. The way to steer Dear John back to Chesire’s aiport
c. An insect his clone feared
d. The formula for a solution that would end Hellsboro’s burning
10. What happened when Fiona turned the remote’s wheel all the way to the right?
a. All Indorsians developed Compulsive Completist Disorder
b. The troop transport was flung back toward Indorsia.
c. A boxcar filled with dust bunnies was hurled at Alf.
d. Guernica became three-dimensional.
Answer Key :